Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Great (sight) Word Race

I found this fun printable from Reading Resource.net and it has quickly become L's favorite way to practice his sight words during our "Beyond ABC's" learning time. I printed out the game board and put it in a page protector in his binder to use with dry erase markers, so we can play it over and over again with different words. 

L doesn't even realize that he is practicing his graphing skills, too. And, his number recognition skills (from using the die). Oh, and his fine motor skills (coloring in the boxes). I think I love this activity as much as he does! 



******************************************************

Where this post is linked up....

******************************************************
Follow Mommy the Literacy Master on Facebook today!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I am thinking about doing the same thing, but putting the actual words on a die. I'm not sure where I'll find a die big enough, but if I don't I can always use a regular die like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirstylee - Great idea! Look around your house to see what you could use for a big cube (an empty tissue box, an old baby toy, etc.), or you can make your own from thick paper or card stock. You can print out a free cube templet here... http://www.enchantedlearning.com/math/geometry/solids/Cubetemplate.shtml

      Delete
    2. If you don't want to make one buy a photo cube (baby toy) and easily insert the word =-)

      Beth

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! I love ideas for making learning FUN!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete